Sunday, May 17, 2009

From a Dutch Interior

Hey,

My very first posting on my very first blog (: Here goes...

I'm Sophie, and I'm Dutch/English/Chinese.

This year I was one of 23 lucky Dutch people selected by the Dutch National Comittee to go to a United World College for the next 2 years.

For those of you who haven't heard of United World Colleges, or UWCs, they are basically international schools who focus on service and international awareness as well as providing the IB (International Baccalaureate) education. 

There are 12 UWCs in the world, and places at these schools are offered only to those selected by their national comittees or by the International Committee. Places are offered on merit only, and to students who the committees feel comply with the UWC aims and ideals.

For more information, you could check out the international website: http://www.uwc.org/

Alright, so now we've had the basics, I'll talk about myself a bit more (:

At the end of the summer I will be off to India, to the Mahindra College (or MUWCI) for 2 years of potentially life-changing adventure and experience. 

I'll be going with another Dutch guy, Lennart, whom I met yesterday (:

So, I'll be using this blog to inform people of the goings-ons, and to show you all how I've been spending my time out on what is now for me the other side of the world.

So excited!

Soph x

2 comments:

  1. Woot :) Exiting. Will become a follower now, even if it's just to SHUT YOU UP about it. And, ofc, because I am your awesome friend :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete