Tuesday, June 2, 2009

And then we walked and walked and left the crowd behind.


(Pinkpop, maandag 1 juni 2009,'borrowed' off Flickr :) so thanks to the photographer etc)

It's been a while since I posted?

I went to Pinkpop (a music festival) yesterday. It was really really really good :)

Basically, I stood on my tip toes for ages and ages to peer over the shoulders of the tall Dutch people, but it was worth it :)

When I arrived with Dieuwke (hi!), Ari and Chris, we went off to see the Gaslight Anthem. Lovely. I got to 'meet-and-greet' them later on, and ended up with 'the gaslight anthem' written down the whole of my right arm :) whoot.

After that, we moved on to All-American Rejects, who, I must admit, I'm not overly fond of. We did hear Dirty Little Secret so it was alright :)

Then on to Amy Macdonald, who was amazing, and now blond! She covered the Killers- Mr Brightside and Bruce Springsteen-Dancing in the Dark (both acts had performed on Saturday), which was really good :) Only some idiots behind me did NOT know that Mr Brightside was by the Killers. Argh.

Some suntan/burn later, I'd managed to get a front row spot for Franz Ferdinand. They were definitely the best act. They were, quite simply, amazing.

I really wanted a t-shirt, but they were sold out :( However, after a long ponder I bought a yellow Kooks one, which is pretty lovely, and went off to see them :) I attempted to swap shirts with people wearing Franz Ferdinand ones, but to no avail.

The Kooks. I stood on my tip toes the WHOLE WAY THROUGH, it was great :) Hahaha, and we (Gael, Philipp, Alex and me- we'd found the friends who'd camped there by now) counted the number of All-Stars clad feet in the vicinity, we got like 15 in about one minute and 3m of radius. Seriously.

The last act we saw was Snow Patrol. People had lit fires and we danced like aeroplanes and native americans (political correctness here?) around them :) It was really really good. Veerle (hi!) also managed to be obnoxious to the pizza guy (who deserved it- the service was SO slow) and get tan lines (whoot!). For the rest, I collected cups to get coupons, danced like my limbs were falling off and refused to go watch Katy Perry. Yes indeed.

So now I'm sitting here in my Kooks t-shirt, having slept a grand total of max. 2.5 hours, as I watched The Holiday instead of sleeping on the bus, and pissed everyone off when we got off at Centraal and I skipped around and was generally way too happy for 3 in the morning.

And then school. I had a free, it turned out, so we lay out in the grass and wished we were hippies :)

Tomorrow I'm off to Utrecht for a UWC meeting thingie. I'm apparently playing my flute at some point, which will be interesting.

I WILL upload photos. Soon. After all those other things. Oh dear. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sophie, Its spelt WOOT, and its very Konrad style so don't say it, ok???
    Also, why haventy i been, mentioned yet??? i thought u loved me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha loving how you refused to go see Katy Perry :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha
    "ok riiight. how about we speed it up a bit?"

    the best part was still raving to snow patrol
    with those nutcases
    fucking legends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mr pizza guy gave us free pizzas (he thought we already paid), so I kinda liked him actually ;)
    stood in front row at snow patrol and gaslight anthem, glad to see you liked them! I won an autographed GA album after their show in nijmegen 9 days later :)
    have fun in India,
    robin

    ReplyDelete