Sunday, August 14, 2011

see the cities rust




(analogue cafe table shots from two years of catching up over coffees)

Whilst I delicately step over piles of assorted clothing, books and items of no apparent use, painting my walls white and generally cleaning up a room long overdue a clear-out, familiar stone houses on the other side of the world are filling up with familiar faces. Back into the monsoon of memories, to refurbish and paint over and around last year's events and relationships; I guess we're all doing it. Although it does feel rather odd not to be on a flight and far-too-warm jeep on the road to a trusty hill, excitedly singled out by tired eyes at a specific turning on the Paud road, lunchtime with a fridge full of dairy products, loud music and the lack of heat averted my inward gaze from the darks of nostalgia - I've still got several coffee dates to go before university starts in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment