Tuesday, May 24, 2011

green hills and enemies, these things they make us sentimental inside.

Currently at 11,500 feet, which is a long way to have come from home's below sea level and the humidity of the beginnings of a Bombay summer.

I'm in the Himalayas, back in Leh after last year's brief but enchanting visit. It's a little odd to be here again, after another year that felt like decades but also like a passing breeze of thoughts and memories. It's cold, I've already acquired some vintage woolen jumpers and am enjoying the lack of oxygen and surplus of sleep I'm getting.

It's only been a couple of days since graduation, departure and the hectic horribleness of packing two years worth of items into bags, but it feels so far away already. I'll be traveling for a month before coming home, so I'll be trying to get a hold of internet, photos and final cultural experiences (read: food.) before returning to my Dutch home.

Also, there's s much left to say about my 'UWC experience', the ambiguous parameters of which I am still grappling with. I'll try and process them over the course of the summer, so this little monologue-ing forum will be up for a while longer.

Love from Ladakh.

(I'm also feeling rather postcard-loving, currently, so if you'd like one, just send me your addresses!)

No comments:

Post a Comment